Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why should I stage my home? What do I get back for all the time and effort I put in?
- Why choose Perfectly Placed For You to Stage my vacant or occupied home?
- What are the typical costs associated with home staging?
- My home is beautifully decorated, why do I need to have it staged?
- How do I prepare for a Home Stager’s visit?
- Is Perfectly Placed For You insured?
- Do you own all the furniture and accessories you use for home staging?
- When should I stage my home?
- How will I be able to live in my Staged Home while I am trying to sell it?
- Why isn’t de-cluttering, depersonalizing and cleaning enough to sell my house?
- What are some must have Staging inventory pieces?
- What if I am feeling overwhelmed about getting my house ready to be staged?
This is one of the most common home staging questions among sellers, especially those who are selling in a seller’s market. Staging your home can benefit you regardless of what type of real estate market you are in.
In a buyer’s market, you will need every advantage you can get in order to sell your home, so it’s extra important to stage your home effectively. But even in a seller’s market staging can help you achieve a quick sale for the maximum sale price, and maybe even cause a bidding frenzy.
Bottom line, it’s always a good investment.
We specialize in home staging and redesign concepts, and our team has years of hands on experience. We offer cost effective solutions, and carry our own inventory of furnishings and accessories to simplify the home staging process. We pride ourselves on attention to detail and superior customer service. Please view our portfolio and customer testimonials which demonstrate our dedication, and success on our website www.PerfectlyPlacedForYou.com
Our Consultation will provide you with the game plan for successfully preparing your house for the market. Consultations begin at $250. Additional services will vary based on the condition of your home. We will provide you with a custom proposal after the initial visit. Remember, your investment in home staging will always be less than your first price reduction.
The simple answer is that staging and decorating serve two different purposes.
Making your home your own is all about personal choice, allowing you to imprint your personal style. Think of home staging as presenting your house so that it appeals to the largest possible audience, in order to ensure a quick sale for the best possible price.
You do not need to prepare for a home stager’s visit. Our goal is to help you sell your house, so that you can move on to your new home. Our comments and suggestions are not meant to critique your personal design choice, but to create a look that is universally appealing.
Yes. Our warehouse is fully stocked with new and current furniture and accessories. When necessary we also outsource furniture. This allows us to choose from the greatest selection of furniture styles and price points, to best enhance the particular style of your home. Owning our own inventory also means we do not have to wait for items to be delivered, so we can implement a project sooner.
You should stage your home BEFORE listing. Staged homes generate the most interest on line and at showings. You will have only once chance to make a first impression.
Keeping your house show ready may seem like a lot of work, but it is very important that you maintain that staged look while on the market. Taking photos or referring to the listing photos will help you to remember where and how things are placed. Some sellers use a daily checklist they refer to before leaving the house. For last minute showings we recommend keeping extra laundry baskets or bins on hand to stash items quickly.
These items are necessary before Staging can begin. They are an important part of the selling process and should not be overlooked. Staging your property will allow it to be showcased to its fullest potential. Think of it as dressing for an interview.
The warehouse at Perfectly Placed For You has designated rooms, for linens, silk plants, wall hangings rugs, and pillows. Updating inventory is ongoing. Here is a list of our favorite pieces when staging.
- Fabric Shower Curtains and brand new white fluffy towels.
- Trays: wood, metal and ceramic
- Glass urns and chunky candle holders in various heights and colors
- Round black frame mirrors
- Colorful canvas prints: botanicals, nature and abstract work best
We realize it can be a lot of work to get a home ready for sale. Our consultation allows you to be in control of how much you want to take on. If you need an extra hand just refer to our list of professional resources. By hiring a qualified professional for designated tasks, you will insure that items are done quickly and correctly.